The Top 7 Essential Items for Traveling with Children
Traveling with children is like riding a roller coaster. One minute everyone is having fun and the next all you hear is screams. Children have such a low attention spans that they get bored quickly. This boredom quickly turns to frustration for you both. Being prepared to travel with children is key. If the trip is planned in advanced you can utiilize websites such as Groupon.com to help save money on the items you will need to purchase for the trip. Groupon.com offers discounts and coupon codes for a multitude of merchants. Here is a list of seven essential items.
- Proper clothes for traveling – Dressing the children in comfortable outfits helps keep the comfortable children comfortable. This also takes away your need to worry about them keeping their nice clothes clean.
- Extra clothing – Even on short drives accidents happen. It is always better to be prepared. How much extra clothing and what type of clothing you need depends on the age of the children.
- Entertainment in car and out – Keeping the children busy in the car is key to a smooth car ride. To be prepared it helps to bring a variety of things for the children to choose from. If it will be a longer trip, having things to entertain the children at stops will help keep the children under control.
- Snacks and sippy cups – When you travel with younger children snacks are a must. Young children get hungry on their own time schedule. It is better to have snacks than to have a crabby hungry child.
- Diapers, diaper bag, wipes – if necessary – When your child or children are young enough to need diapers a full stocked diaper bag is must. When traveling, extra supplies is always a great idea. Many say to double your normal supplies. This seems a bit excessive. Base the extra amount on how long of a trip it will be.
- First aid kit – Carrying a first aid kit is really good idea for anyone with children. All that is really needed it keeping basic items. Band-aids, triple antibiotic ointment, burn cream, antiseptic wipes, gauze, cold pack, gloves, tape, and scissors.
- Wipes, sanitizer gel, wash cloth, and trash bags – Children are messy. Being prepared is key. Nothing is worse than a dealing with sudden spill. Keeping a bag to put trash help keep the car clean.
The most important thing to take with you is your patience. When you are rushed your stress levels start to rise. You become more anxious and this will equate to stressful crabby children. Children sense your emotions and react to it. Take your time and enjoy your trip.